Monday, June 15, 2009

2 for 1: Greedly Little Bastards & It's a Noisy World

Greedy Little Bastards!

God, what’s the matter with the little shits. It’s barely 8:30 and they’re complaining about the food already. Yeah, I know there’s not much left. But eat what I put out for you before you bitch about more, you little heathens.

It wouldn’t be so bad if they’d share. But they’re always so selfish trying to hog the most for themselves that they can never be concerned that somebody else might be hungry or thirsty. They’ll race up and grab what they can and turn on anyone else who might want some rather than sharing and making sure there’s enough for everyone. Greedy little bastards.

They’re so dumb that they’ll spend more time and energy chasing others away than eating or drinking themselves. You get tired of the incessant squabbling and fighting. Do they think I’m dumb? I can hear you bitching and complaining and arguing. There’s room for 4 of you. Why do you have to fight and complain when there’s someone else wanting to sit and eat with you? Is it because they’re not popular enough?

Talk about self-destructive. OK, OK, OK dammit. I’ll be right back with more. Show a little bit of effing patience, would you!


Does that sound like your kids acting like starving little savages? Damn but the hummingbirds are entertaining!



It’s a Noisy World

Wasn’t it the Grinch who said “Oh, the noise, the noise, the noise” as he bemoaned the Christmas festivities in Whoville? Yep, I think it was.

Am I the only one who has ever fallen asleep on the couch with the TV turned on—not loud—and then woke up at like “oh dark-thirty” and the TV sounds like it’s blaring over a rock concert loud? My infamous $88 Target TV has a scale for its on-screen volume control. I can fall asleep with it set to 8 (out of about 40) and wake up in the middle of the night with it too loud, turn it down and even 1 seems too loud.

Does that say anything about how loud the world has become? There are times during the day when with traffic outside, the volume on the TV is straining to be heard at 20.

And it seems like the source of most of the noise is street traffic. The noise that tires make on pavement and of the air disturbance is incredible. No wonder my hearing is going. I used to sell cars at a dealership immediately adjacent to Interstate 8 in San Diego. It was like being next to a waterfall with the constant dull roar of sound accosting my ears. Leaving work each day was like when you mow your yard and can still hear the reverberations of the mower 20 minutes after you’re done.

The world has become a noisy place. But sometimes I go out onto the balcony in the wee hours of the morning and the world is totally quiet and peaceful. Silent. At rest before the cacophony of the day starts again in 3 or 4 hours. Sometimes the solace turns to loneliness and I imagine myself to be the only person in the world, or the only one awake.

Until I hear a swooshing sound starting low, growing louder and then disappearing in down Doppler as a vehicle passes by on the major arterial street a half block away. Someone going who knows where well before “the butt-crack of dawn”.

Then I go back inside, curl up next to my wife and try to snooze until the morning wakes me up again.

Just some thoughts today, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment