Monday, April 5, 2010

A Rainy SoCal Monday Morning--Listen to the Rain

Just thought I'd throw something up on the feed because today's a rainy, gray Monday morning.

That's kind of rare in "sunny, Southern California" this time of year. And, it's my favorite kind of rain. No lightening, no thunder, just a stead rain that's been going on for a while rinsing the world and making it fresh and clean. Later the sun will come out and and all will be right with the world for just a little while. Isn't that always the promise of a good rain?

So, here's a song for you. I was just out on the balcony watching the rain and the lyric came into my head: "It's raining. It's pouring, the Old Man is snoring. Went to be and he bumped his head and he couldn't get up in the morning."

And that reminded me of this wonderful, haunting song by Jose Feliciano (one of my all time favorite performers). Hope you enjoy it.



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment